Sense of arts
"The spectator, a game of movement"
The SensArtsionnel project is original and unique on two fronts. First, the partnership that unites three very different cultural actors - a contemporary art museum (the MAC/VAL in Vitry-sur-Seine), a National Dance Scene (the Maison des Arts de Créteil) and a cinema (the Cinémas du Palais in Créteil). Second, SensArtsionnel – a game with senses and art - is an educational and artistic path based on the almost vertiginous organic link between the work and its viewer. SensArtsionnel emphasizes the importance of this encounter and the creation of the spectator’s space of interaction.
This project is aimed at an audience of college students, takes place during regular school time and lasts from October till June.
Starting from the postulate that any spectator grows up and matures both during the encounters with works of art and other spectators, as well as during moments of reflection and emptiness, SensArtsionnel seeks to activate these situations by implementing curiosity and a permanent state of alertness towards art in the everyday life of the youngsters. The project is thus unique in making it possible for participants to individually forge links between their day-to-day activities and art.
SensArtionnel's parcours is based on the active experimentation of different practices of spectators while facing various artistic proposals such as film, live performance, or exhibition.
The students are led to draw links between different forms of art, between everyday life and the experience of the viewer, between their individual stories and those told by art historians...
The artists intervening in the project create a sort of tracking game for the participants to approach without fear but with curiosity traces, signs, sounds, images, words and their own sensations in order to venture into the slippery domain of art.
Example of parcours
- cinema (2 to 3 sessions – movie/short film + discussion)
- dance or theater performances at the MAC (1 to 3 performances + discussion with mediator or Agnieszka Ryszkiewicz)
- EXIT's exhibition at the MAC
- visits to exhibitions at the Mac/Val (1 to 2 visits with mediator and Agnieszka Ryszkiewicz)
- workshop "the spectator, a game of movement" with Agnieszka Ryszkiewicz, artist and choreographer, at the Mac/Val (2 to 4 workshop sessions)
- workshop «magic in the cinema: returning and getting into a film» with Franck Brahmi, director, in the colleges (2 workshop sessions)
- a preparation session with Agnieszka Ryszkiewicz or Fréderic Henry
- public restitution of the parcours
Museum of Contemporary Art of the Val de Marne, Mac/Val, Vitry-sur-Seine
Les Cinémas du Palais, Créteil
Maison des Arts de Créteil, Créteil
Mac/Val Arnaud Beigel et Marion Guilmot
Cinémas duPalais Fréderic Henry
MAC de Créteil Amandine Jaubert
2014-2015, 3 classes from 3 schools:
-collège Jean Perrin, Vitry-sur-Seine
-collège Janusz Korczak in Limeil-Brévannes
-collège Dorval in Orly
2015-2016, 4 classes from 4 institutions:
-collège Perrin for the 2nd year - in Vitry-sur-Seine
-collège Korczak for the 2nd year - in Limeil-Brévannes
-collège Victor Hugo for the first year - in Créteil
-collège Paul Langevin for the 1st year - in Alfortville
-Internal laboratory between the partners involved in the further development of the project
Photo : ©Agnieszka Ryszkiewicz